This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may get a small monetary kickback. More info
Here's what it looks like when you've found your passion.
Pin for later
- You can't stop thinking about your passion. Sometimes when you're supposed to be sleeping.
- You wake up 30 minutes before your alarm, and instead of grunting and turning over, you leap out of bed and start brewing your coffee so you can start working on it.
- Instead of Sublime-fueled escapist moments on your way to work where you dream about being on an tropical island, you listen to podcasts and the topics are alarmingly similar to it.
- When asked about it, you won't stop talking about it.
- You can name 3 heroes in its industry. And having lunch with those people is on your bucket list.
- Retirement can wait, not because you need the extra cash but because you're not sure what you'd do without your passion.
- You fret more about how to get "chores" done efficiently so you don't waste time that could be spent working on it.
- When you procrastinate, you're working on your passion.
- You're nearly obsessive about it, meaning that you've experienced the eye roll or the brow furrow from loved ones who want to be supportive but have hit a wall.
- You collect/hoard books, magazine articles, and blog posts about it.
- You make exceptions to your commitments, whether it's interpersonal or budgetary, to accommodate your passion.
- You look for similarly aligned passions in a best friend or mate. Subconsciously or consciously.
- Your passion had caused you physical pain because you were so distracted by it. See: walking into walls, or nearly falling on ice while trying to write things down about it on your phone.
- You'd rather work on it than watch TV.
- You stay up late for it.
Can you relate?
Cover photo via raw pixel