Everything in a nutshell
Hello, Brio! is a Philadelphia-based lifestyle and design blog written by me, Jennifer Coyle, with a focus on living beautifully and purposefully. I also own Hello, Brio! Studio, a web design company that also engages in blog, branding, and social media consulting.
More about Jenn
I’m interested in a ton of random stuff. Call it what you will – versatility, being a Jack of all trades (Jill, rather…), or just plain indecisiveness. But, I love it all (graphic design, health, web design, illustration, technology, exercise, thrifting, typography, interior design, psychology, puppies, etc). Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Always feel free to contact me.
Hello, Brio!‘s Mission Statement
Live purposefully. Live beautifully. Greet each moment with spirit and optimism; appreciate yourself and the world around you. Discover the best out of the worst, and get more from less.
Hello, Brio! and Creativity
When you’re an inspired individual who spends the majority of your time in an uncreative environment in your daily grind, it’s important to find the time to enjoy and explore that creative realm of your life.
For many of us, our passions lie in the ability to be creative or in spending time dreaming about art and design. I strongly believe that exercising this part of our brains is as important as being logical and grounded – both combined help us to be well-rounded and more fulfilled as people.
I believe that we should all make time to appreciate, create, and curate.
Take the time to appreciate art and design around you. The little things are as important as the bigger things. Reserve time to create — being able to do so is an essential human trait and the possibilities are endless. And even if you’re not an artist at heart, spend time to curate your personal collection of images and tastes. Doing so can help you sharpen your sense of style and eye for design.
Get to know Hello, Brio!
- Subscribe to my newsletter
- How to overcome perfectionism and be happier
- Does reading Facebook statuses make you feel like your life is sub par?
- Positive thinking
- Sunday Seven – Favorite random things from the past week
Popular Beauty and Health Posts
- Ole Henriksen has a love affair with honey – Natural skincare tips from the expert (Sponsored)
- My tried and true favorite weight loss iPhone app – LoseIt
- Getting back to basics: How changing my skincare routine cleared my breakouts for good
- Favorite makeup brands of Beauty Bloggers – drugstore and high end
- Beauty Product Reviews
- How To Become a Runner and other fitness tips
- Inexpensive Natural Hair Care? Review of Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
- Eye Makeup Brushes 101 + Budget-Friendly Tools
- Makeup and Beauty Blog – 4 Easy DIY Skincare Recipes with Lemon
- RetroDiva’s Beauty – Spa day: Jenn Staz visits Bellacures salon in SoCal for some summertime pampering
- What does Brio mean? – Brio means vigor or vivacity of style. When plugged into a thesaurus, it means: animation, bounce, dash, energy, life, liveliness, spiritedness, verve, vigor, vim, vivacity, zest, zip.
- Wait, wasn’t this jennstaz.com? – Yes, I renamed it! You’ll still find some beauty product reviews but Hello, Brio! will be focused more on living life in a purposeful and meaningful way.
- What camera do you use? - Most of the time, I use my iPhone 4S. When I have time, I use my recently-purchased Canon Rebel T4i, but I’m still learning how to use it, so you’ll see more photos from this camera as this blog grows. Earlier photos are taken on my Canon Elph Powershot 300HS, which I reviewed here.
- Will you design my blog or logo, etc? - Absolutely! Visit my design services page to see what I do and how much it costs, and then fill out the questionnaire at the bottom if you want to work together.
- Who hosts your blog? - HostGator.com. That is an affiliate link, but I wouldn’t recommend them if I didn’t love their service. HostGator’s customer service reps are awesome — they’ve helped me figure out everything that I couldn’t figure out myself.