Updated skincare routine using all natural and organic products
I’m appalled by my outdated skincare routine post from only 5 months ago! NOTHING I was using was natural or even close to natural. Some brands I used included Avon, Mark, Neutrogena, Clinique, and Ponds. Most of these old products contain parabens and petroleum based products (which can actually make your skin dryer when it claims to moisturize).
I’m relieved and proud to share my new natural and organic skincare routine. Here’s my video. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven’t already! I appreciate your support. Read more below for descriptions, where to buy, and what I like about the product.
Here’s the whole group!
- Clairsonic Mia – I use this after I remove my makeup to ensure I’ve removed every trace. You’d be surprised at how much makeup doesn’t wash off of your skin! $119 at Ulta
- Adara Coconut Virgin Oil – This is a very versatile product, but my favorite use for it is removing waterproof eye makeup. It’s gentle and all natural. If you wear contacts like me, make sure to remove your lenses before using this! Adara’s oil can also be used to moisturize hair and skin. There are several varieties; the one I use most is lavender. $12 at HipApotheca
- Indie Lee The Cleanser – This super gentle facial cleanser is effective enough to remove makeup and impurities, all the while moisturizing your skin. $25 at IndieLee
- Korres White Tea Cleanser – This is another super gentle cleanser. Some ingredients are questionable in this, namely the dreaded “fragrance” which can encompass a number of dangerous chemicals. However, in general I do like this product and find that it doesn’t dry out or irritate my skin. $21 at Korres
- Amal Oils 100% Organic Moroccan Rose Water Toning Mist – After cleansing, I spritz this organic and cruelty free toner on my face. Toning after cleansing helps your skin to become balanced and will help minimize pores, among other things. I love this one especially because it’s easy to use, and has one ingredient: 100% Organic Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate. $21.50 at Amal Oils
- Naturopathica Vitamin C Revitalizing Complex – I recently raved about this product. I really adore this guy. $58 at Naturopathica.
- Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil – If you have oily skin like me, don’t be scared of argan oil! It actually helps your skin balance itself so it stops overproducing oil from the lack of moisture from certain oil-free products you may be using. Argan oil has so many benefits, from Josie Maran or elsewhere. Believe it or not, it helps acne! It’s very moisturizing without being too heavy. $14 to $96 at Sephora
What do you think of my natural and organic skincare picks? Have any product or brand suggestions? I’d love to hear your two cents in the comments below.
Adara c/o Hip Apotheca; Vitamin C Revitalizing c/o Naturopathica; The Cleanser c/o Indie Lee. more info