How to try a range of natural cosmetics from Jane Iredale without breaking the bank
Whenever you discover a new brand, the product selection is always quite overwhelming and can be a detriment to your wallet if you’re not careful! I love when brands offer sets of products, because not only do you get to try a range of smaller sized products, but you can also save money a lot of times, too. Jane Iredale Cosmetics is new to me, but I’m excited to finally dive into using some of the products from this brand.
This Sample Kit contains 8 deluxe-sized samples and two versatile application tools.
Thankfully, there is a Sample Kit for a reasonable $28 that includes a deluxe sample amount of these products listed below. I picked up the “Medium” set out of Light, Medium, and Medium Dark. Here’s a look at the packaging:
- Amazing Base SPF 20 – Natural – Formulated with 100% natural minerals and extracts to provide exceptional coverage of impurities, dark circles and discoloration.
- PurePressed Base SPF 20 – Radiant – Water-resistant and highly pigmented, PurePressed Base applies evenly and easily, providing long-lasting, gorgeous coverage.
- Blush – Dubonnet – Dye-free, moisturizing and conditioning, this silky-smooth blush creates gorgeous, natural-looking color.
- Eye Shadow – Supernova – Crease-resistant and long-lasting, these shades stay put for a gorgeous look that lasts all day and well into the night.
- Circle\Delete Concealer #2 – Containing jojoba ester and avocado oil for nourishment and zinc oxide and titanium dioxide for superior sun protection, Circle/Delete treats, repairs and protects the delicate under-eye area.
- Sugar&Butter (Lip Plumper) – Rich shea butter and peptides provide rich hydration while ginger and mint instantly plump the lips to decrease fine lines and feathering.
- Lip Drink Contains only natural moisturizers and sun blocks, meaning your lips receive total protection with no side effects.
- Lip Colour – Kirsten – With nourishing ingredients and rich, naturally-pigmented color, Lip Colour leaves the lips moisturized, protected and gorgeous.
- Foundation/Blush brush
- Dual-ended brush
My favorite products in this set - easily the Lip Drink and the Lip Plumper, surprisingly enough! I’m not huge on lip products, but I appreciate a really good one when I come across it. The Lip Drink is a fantastic balm that feels super nourishing. I also love the Sugar & Butter Lip Plumper (bottom right) – it has a gorgeous tint of color with fine gold shimmer to subtly enhance your lips and help them feel moisturized at the same time.
The foundation and loose foundation are nothing extraordinary but the benefit lies in the fact that these are natural products. And of course, I knew I loved the concealer formula because I’ve tried and reviewed the full-sized #1 concealer, and I’m glad to have the darker shade to help balance out how light the #1 was for me.
I honestly couldn’t tell you much about the blush, lip color or the eyeshadow – I’m really not a fan of the colors. They don’t seem very fresh. The formulas and application are nice, but I don’t think I’ll get much use out of them. I will probably try to de-pot the eyeshadow when the palette is almost used up.
Here’s a look at the pop-out products. The brush on the left can be used unfolded for an all-over application, or folded in half for a more precise application. (I’m not a fan of brushes that come in palettes in general… so I don’t really have a lot of praise for these tools.)
Here are swatches of everything. From left to right is the pressed powder foundation, blush, eyeshadow, concealer, lip plumper, and lip color.
Overall, I think this is a nice amount of product for $28. If I could change anything about this palette, I would make it a bit smaller, and I would separate the cream products from the powder ones (maybe on a second level, or in another palette altogether). It can get a bit messy! If you’re thinking about picking up this palette, I’d recommend going for the “light” kit if it matches your skintone; the colors seem warmer and more mainstream.
Do you own any Jane Iredale products? What’s your familiarity / perception of this natural cosmetics company?
Sample Kit thanks to a giftcard provided by Dermstore – more info